KCU ATHLETICS STUDENT CONDUCT GUIDELINES
As a student athlete at Kentucky Christian University you are a member of the most visible section of our campus, athletics. With such high visibility and with receiving scrutiny from every sector, it is our challenge to present KCU Athletics in the best possible light. Maturity and character are on display in our every action as we represent KCU. It is absolutely necessary that the actions of our student athletes be closely monitored with an eye toward keeping the actions of a few from diminishing the stature of the many. With that in mind, the following guidelines are offered as the minimum expectations of student athletes on the KCU campus.
The possession or consumption of alcohol, or of drugs without an accompanying prescription, is prohibited, both on and off the KCU campus. If caught in possession or after consumption of these banned substances the following consequences will be enforced:
- First Offense: $50 fine and suspension for 30% of the season of the sport in which you participate. Off season violations will be enforced at the beginning of the next season. Suspensions will be served immediately upon proof of the violation.
- Second Offense: $100 fine and suspension for 60% of the season of the sport in which you participate. Off season violations consistent with first violation. Fines must be paid in order for eligibility to be reinstated.
- Third Offense: Expulsion from school and immediate loss of eligibility. Readmission will be considered only after 1 year separation from KCU with evidence of repentance and spiritual growth, as documented by mentor or minister. All fines must have been paid for readmission.
An arrest and conviction on alcohol or drug charges will result in immediate suspension from the University. The sale or distribution of banned substances (alcohol or drugs) will result in suspension from the University and immediate loss of eligibility. Readmission will be considered only after 1 year separation from KCU with evidence of repentance and spiritual growth, as documented by mentor or minister.
2. Sexual Immorality
Biblical guidelines should give us clear direction in the one man and one woman in marriage as our guide for sexual involvement. Visitation to dorms or dwellings of members of the same or opposite sex for sexual activity outside marriage is a serious violation of campus rules. Violation of these rules will be dealt with in conjunction of the severity of the offense.
Unauthorized dorm visitation with sexual activity
* First Offense: $50 fine and loss of athletic eligibility for one full semester
* Second Offense: $50 fine and suspension from the university
Unauthorized dorm visitation with no sexual activity
* First Offense: $50 fine
* Second Offense: $50 fine and one full semester of Social Probation with loss of athletic eligibility for duration of the time on Social Probation
3. Use of tobacco products
Tobacco is banned on the campus of Kentucky Christian University. Possession or use of tobacco products will result in the following consequences:
- First Offense: $10 fine
- Second Offense: $25 fine and required counseling/mentoring
- Third Offense: $100 fine and full semester of Social Probation with required counseling. During Social Probation there will be no official participation in intercollegiate sports or activities.
4. Use of profanity/coarse or vulgar music
Open profanity and music with degrading or sexually explicit remarks are prohibited. Students who violate this guideline will be subject to the following consequences:
- First Offense: $10 fine
- Second Offense: $25 fine
- Third Offense: full semester of social probation with loss of eligibility to participate in intercollegiate athletics.